Monday 17 September 2012

Sticks’n’Sushi

This post is really an excuse for me to share my excitement at the arrival of Sticks'n'Sushi to London... 
Being a Japonese food addict, I was obviously hopeful about this new arrival to my local area, as usually I have to travel further into London to get a quality sushi fix. Luckily, this is no longer the case... 
Sticks’n’Sushi have nine successful restaurants in Copenhagen, and now one in wimbledon. They serve a combination of two Japonese cuisines: fresh traditional sushi and grilled yakitori sticks (kebabs). This combination brings you the best of both worlds, making it "a sushi restaurant even for those who don't like fish". 
You can get very substantial sharing platters for £35 (for two people), which is great value for that quality & quantity of sushi, plus the cocktails are exceptionally good (I recommend Hotaru & Kamahi). 
It might not be the best sushi you'll ever eat but it definitely hits the spot, and when added to the ambiance and trendy decor it makes for a pretty special night out, without breaking the bank as you would for a similar meal in central London.
Furthermore, I feel that the staff deserve a particular mention as they are all undoubtedly the nicest bunch of waiters/waitresses I have ever come across! They are so friendly and helpful, and not in an over-the-top try-hard way but in a really pleasant genuine manner, which I put down to a good Danish management!
All in all, a big thumbs up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment