Sunday 11 November 2012

Now That's How It's Done! - A weekend at Lucknam Park (cont.)


Breakfast is easily my favourite meal of the day, I can't understand people that regularly skip it. This is not for the health benefits (although having a proper breakfast definitely sets you off to a good start), but because whats not to love about fresh pastries, poached eggs and succulent fruit? 

Consistently, hotel breakfasts are always one of my highlights of being on holiday, and this was certainly the case at Lucknam Park... I was genuinely acting like a kid at Christmas as we sat down at our white-clothed tables, with the gorgeous morning light streaming in through the big windows, trying to decide between Eggs Benedict or pancakes. For me, life doesn't get better!

To start, freshly brewed coffee and pastries still warm from the oven; flaky, soft, and just a bit squidgy. 
I told myself I was only going to try them (I mean it would just be rude not to), but I should really just stop kidding myself because of course once I had started there was no holding back... I ended up devouring both croissants, the pain aux raisins (easily the best one I've had incidentally), and even the littlgénoise cake that had a perfectly balanced lemony tang. And that was just the beginning...



 To follow, Poached Fruit. Not exactly what I was expecting, with pineapple and clementines as opposed to more traditional peaches or prunes, but it was pleasantly surprising. The pineapple added a slightly sharp contrast to the sweet syrup, and the whole thing was subtly spiced - beautiful. (However, I couldn't finish the bowl -  even my sweet tooth has limits...)


And to finish... If that's not the perfect Eggs Benedict, I'll eat my hat! (or maybe my napkin would be more appropriate) 

No comments:

Post a Comment